Skip to main content

MAC Packed To Go: 3 Assorted Black Eye Liners

MAC Packed To Go: 3 Assorted Black Eye Liners

 
 
Today I have a quick review on this trio set that I ordered online at MAC.com. This is the description on the MAC website. To line the eye, a choice of three very different eye liners, all of them black. The versatility lies in the application and the graphic quality of the line. For cognoscenti of the cat's eye and beyond: Engraved Powerpoint, Feline Kohl Power and Penultimate.

 It sells for $45.50 online. The main reason I ordered this set is that the I really wanted the kohl power eye pencil in feline. It has been sold out or backordered online for over a month now. I saw this set and thought that I could try out the other two liners being that you can never have enough black liners and two I really like MAC cosmetics. 

My first impression of the liners are that the packaging is beautiful. Very sleek and chic all black packaging. I am a sucker for packaging. LOL!
  
Feline, Engraved, Rapid Black
The first pencil I tried was Feline of course. It is definitely very black and has amazing staying power. I really liked it for lining my inner eye. I swatch all three on the back of my hand 
and it was still there after three days. Yes I did wash my hands many times. LOL! It does however  come off with makeup wipes and eye makeup remover. The retail value for this liner is $15.00.

Overall this is my favorite eyeliner for my inner eye. Rating: A

Here are some pictures of the Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline








The next liner I tried was the Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved. This is Mac's online description; Waterproof. Long wearing. Metallic, shimmer and matte finishes. Smooth to apply. Won't transfer, smudge, or budge... Draws the line: powers your eyes. Makes its point. Lasts.

This is a very popular eye liner and I can see why. It is really good for lining the inner eye. It stays on where ever it is applied. It's not as dark as Feline but once applied it looks very black. The retail value for this liner is $15.00. You have to be quick with this liner because it sets really fast. 

Overall this liner is best for doing a smoky eye and smudging. Rating: A

Here are some pictures of the Power Point Eye Liner in Engraved









And finally the last liner is the Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapid Black. The retail value of this liner is $18.50.  This is Mac's description online, A liquid pen-style liner that provides the ultimate precise, bold line in a rich, deep carbon black shade. Goes on fluidly, in one steady stroke, to style any fashion of eye line.

This liner goes on smoothly and dries matte. That is a plus but I wasn't very impressed with this liner because it seems to me that it will dry up very fast. I had to shake it a few times during application. That to me is a disappointment. I want a liquid pen eyeliner that will stay wet the entire time you have the liner. I hate when you buy a liquid liner and within a week its dried out. I feel that is what is happening with this liner. I have had it now for two weeks. It shouldn't be drying out after only using it three times. For me this is the one liner I can live without. It would be returned if I had purchased it by itself. 

Here are some pictures of the Penultimate Pen Liner in Rapid Black









Overall very disappointing: Rating: C



Popular posts from this blog

Covergirl TRUBlend Liquid Foundation First Impression, Demo and Review

Hi Everyone, I got my hands on the shade D2(sun beige), first but I noticed it was too dark for me.  So i picked up two other shades to show you what they look like. I highly recommend this foundation to everyone. It is perfect for those of you who want a lightweight, natural looking everyday foundation.  I found that it wore on my dry skin for at least 5 hours before I noticed my blush coming off. I then tried it the next day with a face primer and the wear was longer.  Definitely you should use a face primer for your skin type ( dry, oily or combination) to prolong the wear of this foundation.  It comes in a variety of shades, so you will definitely find a shade for you. This is a gem to find in your local drugstore. Give it a go and let me know how it works out for you.  I hope this video is helpful too.  Let  me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by.  Eva



Use code Mar2014 to get a 10% off at Sigma Beauty. Click here:  http://www.sigmabeauty.com/?Click=90842


MUSIC CREDIT

Ar…

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette | First Impressions and Review

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette | First Impressions and Review

Hello Everybody!! I am beyond excited to be sharing these new items from the Kat Von D beauty line.  It is exclusive to Sephora.  You can pick them up right now.  If you can take advantage of the Sephora VIB/VIB ROUGE Sale, definitely add these to your shopping list.  I also signed up for the flash shipping.  It is $10.00 and you will have everything shipped to you in two days.  Anyway, I am in love with these shadows and brush.  I will have a tutorial with this palette very soon.  If you have any requested looks using this palette, please let me know.  Thank you so much for watching, commenting,liking and subscribing to my channel.  Eva
~KAT VON D VIDEO (TUTORIAL)~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uomZa598VIk
SUBSCRIBE TO KAT VON D'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/user/thekatvond
KAT VON D SHADE + LIGHT EYE PALETTE | http://www.sephora.com/shade-light-eye-contour-palette-P395370?skuId=1671353
KAT…

BIRCHBOX SEPTEMBER 2016 GO FORTH AND MULTITASK

Hello everyone, it feels great to finally film a video.  I hope you are all having an amazing day.  Thank you so much for stopping by and watching my video.  This is my september 2016 birchbox unboxing.
Enjoy! Let me know what was your favorite item from my box. Eva


BIRCHBOX WEBSITE:https://www.birchbox.com

BIRCHBOX INVITE: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/a9qbg  (referral link)

SIGMA DISCOUNT CODE
Shop my favorite brushes! http://sigmabeauty.7eer.net/c/105377/146780/2835
Get 10% off your Sigma purchase with code SIGMA2016


BIRCHBOX SEPTEMBER 2016 CONTENTS:

DAVINES MOMO SHAMPOO
SAMPLE: $6.50 FOR 75ML/2.5 FL.OZ.
FULL SIZE: $26.00 FOR 250ML/8.45 FL. OZ.

DAVINES MOMO CONDITIONER
SAMPLE: $1.50 FOR 12 ML/0.40 FL. OZ.
FULL SIZE: $30.00 FOR 250 ML/8.45 FL. OZ.

DERMA E MICRODERMABRASION SCRUB
SAMPLE: $8.12 FOR 1/2 OZ./14 G
FULL SIZE: $32.50 FOR 2 OZ./56 G

THE BODY SHOP DROPS OF YOUTH CONCENTRATE
SAMPLE: $9.50 FOR 7 ML/ 0.2 US. FL. OZ.
FULL SIZE: $38.00 FOR 30 ML/ 1 US. FL. OZ.

ORIBE COTE DE AZ…